Checkout some Sample Field Reports
Helping Romanian Charities
Care for the Elderly
Arts Therapy for the Disabled
Why Help Romania?
Our Romanian Partners
Integrated Community Care Services for the Elderly
I. Home care provision for the elderly
- Home care: During the past period we have provided services with 5 carers to over 60 elderly in Bacau
- Social Care: The activity is carried out by two social workers who have assessed 74 new beneficiaries and provide on -going supervision to 134 beneficiaries.
- Health Care: These services were provided by the 5 nurses, to an average of 53 beneficiaries each month. We have an average 19 patients/ month covered by the Health Insurance Department( for 10 days each month).
- Physio therapy in the homes of the beneficiaries:
The therapist Elena Anghel goes on home visits each day after the sessions in the Day centre. During this quarter she worked with 10 elderly in their homes and 15 more people are on the waiting list.
|BACAU||Beneficiaries||Average this quarter||Average previous quarter|
|physio therapy in the home||5||6||7||6||4|
II. Activities in the Day Centre
- Physio- therapy: The specialist physio therapist organises the individual schedule for the elderly. We also had an aerobics class. We have a student volunteer who is involved in providing this service.
Socializing: the activities are organised by a specialist worker, who involves the elderly in various volunteering and crafting activities. The elderly attended fairs for Valentine’s Day, Spring Day and Mother’s Day, but they also spent time with singing, talking or drama performances etc.
- Volunteers/ students on placements:
- 10 volunteers provide support in the home care section, visiting the elderly;
- In the day centre we have support from students
|Services||January||February||March||Average this quarter||Average previous quarter|
|Socializing||January||February||March||Average this quarter||Average previous quarter|
|3 times a week||32||19||36||29||30|
|Twice a week||26||28||31||32||30|
|Once a week||26||25||17||23||23|
|Once a month||10||11||14||14||14|
- The beneficiaries met with the geriatrics specialist in order to discuss health topic.
- Each month we celebrated the birthdays of the beneficiaries and we also marked religious feasts during this period.
- Every Friday we have team training session, with topics such as:
- Avoiding lung complications;
- Fire prevention drills
- Psychological, religious and legal counselling
- English classes and chess clubs;
- Celebrating the national poet Mihai Eminescu;
- Celebrating Valentines with a fashion parade
- Painting exhibition at the Noblesse Galleries, with paintings made by our beneficiaries
- Celebrating Spring Day and Mother’s Day.
- Visit from specialists working in the Rehabilitation Centre Vermesti
- Part of the FSC team attended the training course on movement therapy delivered by two specialists from the UK
OBJECTIVES FOR THE FOLLOWING PERIOD:
- Presenting interesting aspects for discussions from the activity of the team.
- In house training courses for the staff.
- Experience exchanges with other organization.
- Inviting various specialists for discussions with the beneficiaries
- Promoting the project with fliers and posters
- Supporting the project with actions of the staff and of the beneficiaries.
- Crafting various decoration and objects for sale.
- Editing the "Voice of the Seniors" newspaper - looking for sponsorships
- 2 days trip for the beneficiaries – looking for sponsorships
- Organising a small party and team-building for the staff